COVID-19 Health and Safety Procedures and Protocols
Note: This policy has been updated to reflect current medical advice.
Participants in the 2023 North American School Scrabble Championship must confirm their COVID-19 vaccination status during online registration. Additionally, each player’s vaccination card or a photo of the card must be presented at tournament check-in on Saturday, April 1.
In the unusual circumstance that a player is not vaccinated or cannot document their vaccination status, the player must show proof of a negative test for COVID-19 taken before the start of play of both days of the competition AND must wear a KN95 mask at all times while in the tournament room.
Players must fulfill these requirements in order to participate in the event.
- All players should attest to be symptom-free prior to play each day.
- Players, staff and visitors are required to follow Planet Word’s health and safety guidelines.
- Wearing a mask is recommended but not required except as above.
- Only players and staff are permitted in the playing room.
- Eating is not permitted in the playing room. Bottled water is allowed.